2020 WELLNESS INITIATIVES & EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES*
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH HEATLH PARTNERS OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AND DOCTORS MEDICAL CENTER
- The fact that cervical cancer rarely presents any symptoms in its early stages highlights the importance of regular screening for the disease.
- According to the American Cancer Society, regular colorectal cancer screening is one of the most powerful weapons for preventing colorectal cancer.
- Screening is recommended starting at age 50 for people with no increased risk, or earlier if you have a strong family history.
- According to the American Lung Association, nearly 26 million Americans have ASTHMA, including more than 7 million children.
- If it has been more than 15 months since your last wellness exam, take a moment and schedule an exam for 2020.
- High cholesterol affects 42 million Americans, and 63 million more have borderline high cholesterol.
- The most common cause of high blood cholesterol is an unhealthy lifestyle such as unhealthy eating patterns, lack of physical activity and smoking. However, the gene that you inherit from your parents, other medical conditions, and some medicines may also cause high blood cholesterol.
- It is important to receive an annual flu vaccine. Free Flu vaccinations will be given at the Wellness Connect event in October.
- Reserve your appointment now – PeopleSoft Course Code FLUV
- Diabetes is a chronic (long-lasting) disease that affects how your body turns food into energy.
- Most of the food you eat is broken down into sugar (also called glucose) and released into your bloodstream. Your pancreas makes a hormone called insulin, which acts like a key to let the blood sugar into your body's cells for use as energy.
- Healthy Meal Planning
- Wellness Connect 2020
- Many women with breast cancer have no symptoms. This is why regular breast cancer screening is so important.
Want to stop smoking or help a loved one quit? Get tools, tips and support that work.
- Watch for information on stress management education to be scheduled during the month of December.
*Subject to change
- 24-hour health line at 1-855-279-1545
- Telephone & in-person counseling
- Free preventive services
- Employee social groups (The Bridge)
- Walk Across America program
- Travel assistance
- Estate planning
- Financial planning
- Legal support
- Funeral & concierge Services
- Low-cost telemedicine
- On-campus blood pressure checks
- On-site benefits consultant
- Wellness education
For a complete listing of employee benefits:View Your Benefits
We believe good health is a state of complete physical, social and mental well-being. It's not just about the absence of disease or infirmity, but it's about activating your health as a personal resource for everyday life.
We want you to have an awesome, healthy life.
Not only does Stanislaus County offer a generous medical, vision and dental program, but we also offer a host of wellness benefits to make your life better.