Craving potato chips? Try these instead:
- Bunch of Kale
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt or season salt
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Remove Kale leaves from stems, wash and dry (salad spinner works great). Place leaves on parchment paper, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with choice of salt. Bake until edges are brown (not burnt) approx. 10-15 minutes.
Zucchini Oven Chips
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 small)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Place milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray;
- Place rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Serve immediately.
Instead of French fries, try making these:
Baked Eggplant Fries with Lemon Dill Dipping Sauce
- 1 eggplant, cut into strips
- 1/3 c. plain soy yogurt
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 c. whole-wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line two large baking sheets with a non-stick baking mat or parchment paper.
- Cut the top and bottom off of your eggplant. Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and then into quarters. Next, cut the eggplant quarters into slices roughly 1/4 in. thick. Now cut the eggplant slices into strips roughly the size of French fries.
- Combine yogurt, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, ground cumin, onion powder, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl.
- Toss eggplant fries in soy yogurt mixture, coating evenly.
- Place breadcrumbs on a plate and lightly coat eggplant fries with breadcrumbs.
- Spread out evenly on trays making sure they don’t touch.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Turn halfway during baking to brown evenly.
- Serve immediately with lemon dill dipping sauce.
- 1 cup unsweetened plain soy yogurt
- 1 tsp. dill
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Fresh black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized
Oven-Fried Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat jellyroll pan with cooking spray.
- Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise.
- Place each potato half, cut-side down, on cutting board; cut into 1-inch thick wedges.
- Combine chili powder, thyme, salt, cumin, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, toss together potatoes, oil and spice mixture until well-coated.
- Arrange on pan in a single layer.
- Roast until potatoes are tender and browned, 20-25 minutes.
Craving ice cream?
Pre-freeze a few bananas, and simply blend them until the bananas form to a thick ice cream consistency. Add the toppings of your choice such as peanut butter, cocoa nibs, and nuts and enjoy a healthy alternative to ice cream!